Monday, July 25, 2011

What 'Remains' (?)!!


Long after the lonely orb of white stood guard at the ivy tower...
And the thick blanket of black spread its senescent wings over the horizon;
My restless seeds of vision ceased to flutter and lay still under cover...
Eagerly waiting to resume the play of anxious darts at the crack of the dawn.

Chiming bells of the ironical old clock hit the zenith and nadir too soon...
For that was the time when I heard a generously sonorous 'clunk' jolting me right up;
Glimpses of salty excess took a dive from my temple to an unsung tune...
While what was left of mind tried in vain to grasp the whole set up.

I tip-toed hither and thither in search of the seeming remains...
But the brick, steel and wood, stood life less in their own way;
I wandered the peripherals in search of the melancholic strains...
But it was just the leaf, twig and branch, to the cold breeze which did sway.

I traced back to my plush bunk, ready to be engulfed in its arms...
It is then that a small piece of art caught my glance;
It was of exquisite flocculence when I held it in my palms...
With an unseen bond to my inner self, sent me into a trance.

After what seemed like a marathon run of the minute hand..
That the harsh reality started to sink in;
I turned to my reflection from the near by stand..
To find that it was my 'Heart' that was broken.

1 comment: