Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Remember Me?



I was there with you when you were a tiny bairn stuck to the maternal bosom...
Unmindful of the vulpine realms beyond your imagination;
I was there, when your velvety toes touched the cold pebbles of reality...
While your quivery confidence was held up by only a little pinky.

It was me who shielded you from impending paternal wrath...
When a dented sedan stood as a testimony to your puerile energy; 
Yes, that was me who helped you to reconcile with your best pal...
When your playful nudge forced him to kiss the jagged earth...

Oh! do you remember me when those senile lips kissed on your dimples...
While you blissfully tugged at the silvery bristles of the ol' man?
Or when quirky look of your austere mentor turned into a helpless smile ...
When the pages of your unruly note were set on a maiden voyage in the rainy ground?

I was there with you all the while...as your shadow...

But as you take on greater heights with your sturdy limbs...
You left me behind in your cradle, toys and those other dusty artifacts;
I see you everyday...wondering if you'll ever notice...
Nay! you seem to see through...as I were a crystal film spread across the perimeter...

Now all that is left behind is agony, ego and deceit...
With 'Mature' feelings of 'Adult'ery straying across your forehead;
Trust, as it stands rusted, deformed beyond repair...
You look desperate for an answer..crying out loud against the winds of fate...

Look into my eyes....see your reflection in there...
Embrace me as I lead you unto the fairy lands of freedom;
Listen to the wise laments of this forsaken and fallen knight...
It's me...your 'Innocence'...and am waiting for you...


5 comments:

  1. Innocense springs from your inner sense

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey this is real good stuff...u must get it published

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sid :)dats really encouraging...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing stuff...loved it...good to see you back in your poetic ways...

    ReplyDelete